Monday, February 2, 2015

Royal Delft

Without a doubt, the highlight of our field trip which was also the main reason for our field trip, was the tour of the Royal Delft factory and show room.  Royal Delft ware is so rich in history and culture and design...I couldn't wait to experience this first hand.  We all loved it - the self guided tour was interesting and simple.  I cannot recommend this enough, it was fab.

It takes 10 years to become a master painter...each piece is hand painted...
The building and the courtyard is fabulous...
A lifesize replica of Rembrandt's Nightwatch...in Delft Blue Tiles
The architectural porcelain elements in the building are so freaking cool...Royal Delft no longer makes these products, but I vote that they bring it all back into production...
Do you see what I see, my beloved Marcel Wanders for Moooi vase???  My heart literally skipped a beat seeing her there.  
The paint goes on black, but turns to blue when it is fired
There is my vase again...love...
Following the tour we hit the showroom.  The kids each picked a small (and fragile) souvenir.  I hope with all my heart they remember this experience...and each time they see Delftware they will think of our day together exploring the source.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I hope they remember it forever too. Very special excursion. Can't wait for our ladies version.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...