Friday, February 6, 2015

Feeling Inspired

My art class is off to a fab start.  The best part about it, besides spending time with a friend (we are taking private painting lessons together) and learning some new skills (teacher is great), is the fact that I have committed to set aside a few hours every other week to focus on painting.

The curriculum is very loose, we can work on what we want to and the teacher is helping us to realize our vision.  My vision is to create a piece that is dutch inspired but personal, all in a style that is authentic to my artistic self.

Inspiration photos include:



Below is a very loose initial sketch to capture the composition and feeling I am going for.

From there I have been doing some exercises to remember how to draw and paint, I will keep these up for a few more weeks.
How lovely is my friend's home?!  It is an inspiring place to create together...right on the park and even more special on a rare sunny day...

Next step will be to bring it all together into a final piece.  stay tuned.  Posting it here makes me feel accountable...which is great, mostly.  It has been a really long time since I have picked up a brush...

1 comment:

Mary said...

That is so cool that you're doing this! I love all the inspiration and can't wait to see the final product!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...