Monday, January 10, 2011

Walk With Us, In The Snow

Remember this old post, where we took you for a walk around our block here in PDX?  Well this is the same concept - mountain style.  Renting a pad up there for some winter months was a really good call.  We are loving it...and it is a bonus to me that our pad is tucked in among all these other beautiful cabins...I love walking by and checking them out. 

I have two favorites on the block.  My first favorite is this sweet A-frame.  Anytime I see an A-frame I dream of moving in and making it look like this one. 


 This is my other favorite.  It is so narrow, which I love for some reason. 
 And look closely, there is a tree growing through the roof of the front porch.  Love that...
 Here are a bunch of others from our block.  Each is sweet and cozy in its own way.
 Does this one look familiar?  I have mentioned it before...
 Here is ours...I need to get a better shot of it....I'll work on that next weekend. 

 Look at this one...totally buried by snow...



3 comments:

amy said...

Wow! That's so awesome. You just go up every weekend? Gov. Camp area? Do you have to snowshoe in or is accessible by car? I'm super jealous.

Portland Sunshine said...

Hi Amy, yes - its in gov camp. We can drive into it. We just have it for a few months, and we share with 2 other families. If we had any extra room to spare I'd invite your darling family up for the weekend!

amy said...

Girl,
We'd roll out our sleeping bags and brew the morning coffee. Whip up some fluffy pancakes before hitting the slopes. We'd be perfect house guests :).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...