Tuesday, March 24, 2009

BookCrossing

An interesting thing happened to B&B today. After a hike (here), they noticed a copy of Gone With the Wind sitting on a bench. Inside the book was a note explaining that it was part of BookCrossing. Have you heard of this? Basically you (read then) register a book, then leave it somewhere public with a note...and someone can find it, read it, and pass it along. Each person to find it should log it online so that you can all follow the book where ever it may go. Fun. Fun for kids too.



Here is a blurb about it from NPR.

Have you read Gone With the Wind?

3 comments:

Mary said...

That's a neat concept! And yes, I've read Gone with the Wind. If you haven't, you should. I LOVED IT. Actually, I think maybe I need to re-read it. Perhaps when I run across my copy when unpacking all those boxes of books, once our new shelves are in. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found a BookCrossing book. It's great fun to release books that way.

Please note, though, that each book is "registered" only once, by the original releaser. Whoever finds the book can "journal" the book to say that they have it and what they think of it, what they plan to do with it, etc. And they can make a "release note" if they are leaving it "in the wild" again.

Have fun! - solittletime in BookCrossing

Cindy said...

My friend, Jejune, is a big Book Crossing fan in Australia. She even did some design work for the Book Crossing bookplates/labels. You can check her out at http://jejunesplace.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...