Monday, March 16, 2009

Sad Day

It's a sad day in Portland. B&B have left. Boo. WKF and I dropped them off at the airport this morning. We tried to convince them to stay and watch the zips...but they needed to get back home.

This was our best and our worst visit ever.

Why was it the worst? Well, I was so sick for 4 full days. In bed, no food, chills....sick. Yuck. I feel like I missed out on QT with 2 of my most favorite people. I am feeling all better today, but I am still so bummed about it. I feel robbed!

Why was it the best? Well, WKF sure bonded with his grandparents on this visit. While I was sick in bed, they were on mama duty. They fed him, changed him, napped him, bathed him, walked him, played with him, read to him, cooked for him....it was great. Thank goodness they were here, I don't know how we would have gotten through the week without them!

Poor WKF is looking very confused this morning. Those big eyes are screaming..."Where are they? Where are they?". He keeps looking around corners....hoping they'll pop out, peek-a-boo style. It is so sad. I tried to explain it, but it is not clicking.
To help it all sink in, I took WKF over to the guest house with me to put clean sheets on the bed. He was clinging on to the guest book...where Birdie had left him a note.

He helped me to make the bed. We are all ready for them to come back. Soon we hope!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm glad you had some help while you were sick - I hope you're back to 100%!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...