Wednesday, March 4, 2009

C.W.Y.G. IV

I am really having fun with these "Celebrate What You Got" posts. Today's post is thanks to O's late grandfather.

About four years ago O and I went on a fab ski trip to France. While over there, we visited with a bunch of O's family, including his 90+ year old grandpere who was living solo in an apartment in Lyon. The apartment was modest, there was not much hanging on the walls.

However, above his couch was this oil painting:

I was in love with it. When we asked him about the painting, sweet grandpere told us that the painting was a self portrait done by a woman with whom he had had "adventures". At that point I really loved the painting.

Grandpere passed away about a year ago.

When O's dad returned from services in France, he had the painting for me. It hangs by our stairs and I smile (and often giggle) each time I walk by it.

Below is a shot from our visit to Lyon.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love it, and I love the CWYG series!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...