Monday, December 1, 2008

Advent Calendar Building

As I have done in the past, I am snaking pix and stories from SW's blog and posting them to mine.

In Cortina, Italy(where S&M W are living)..they turn this building into a giant advent calendar. Each night they open a window and show off a holiday themed display for the town to enjoy.

S - keep me posted, I want pix of the displays! I love this idea and I want Portland to do it!

PS - they have over 5 feet of fresh snow in Cortina right now...amazing.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Ooh, I love this!

Martin and Sarah said...

I'll post some pics of the open windows. I think they are mainly religious images but still pretty. I saw the same thing in a little town in Austrai the Other day (Lienz) and I am not sure what sort of displays they have. Miss you guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...