Saturday, December 6, 2008

First Lady of Fashion?

In case you get confused, this post is about fashion, not politics. Specifically, Michelle Obama's fashion.


I like Michelle and I am excited to have such a young, impressive, and accomplished couple in the White House. I think Michelle has great family values. I think she is an excellent role model. She seems like a really wonderful mom. I think she is beautiful. I admire her poise, class, and confidence. I think she wears clothes well.


From this point on, I am struggling to word this post, because I like to keep my blog positive and happy. So if any of the below verbiage sounds negative, go back to the paragraph above to remember that you like me and that I am upbeat and positive. After all, it's always sunny in Portland.


Now, on to the interesting stuff.


If I read one more article or see one more news blip yapping about how stylish Michelle is, I am going to be ill. I do not think she is as fashionable as the hype makes her seem to be. I think her style is above average at best. Her wardrobe is as uninspiring to me as her husband is inspiring. 98% of my girlfriends are better dressed than she is. I shudder when I hear her called a "fashion icon"....



See below (hideous, awful, confusing - in that order). Come on people. Let's be honest. Are these outfits really those of an icon? Yikes. Really?


Above: Hideous




Above: Awful



Above: Confusing


I must admit, she looked lovely in this JCrew number that she sported on Leno. She doesn't always miss. And I love when she doesn't miss.



Stick to JCrew Michelle - it's hard to screw up and you wear it well. And hey, maybe dabble in some Anthro duds, everyone looks great in Anthro. I can't wait to see what you wear to the inauguration. I bet you get it right. In fact, I bet in time you will evolve into an icon. I like you and I am rooting for you...forgive me for this post, I just had to get it off my chest.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh, I so agree. I have no idea why anyone would think she's any kind of fashion role model. It will be so interesting to see what she chooses for inauguration. A couple things I think would really help are
1. pantyhose - even though she has dark skin, a certain age you just don't go with bare legs, especially at events that she attends.
2. The right heel height. She too often wears flats or kitten heels because she's tall and many times her outfit calls for a higher heel.

But that's just my opinion - ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...