Thursday, January 29, 2015

Run Vars

The snow conditions in Vars were a runner's dream.  We could ski all morning...and then get out on the roads for afternoon runs.  This is rare, and true die hard skiers don't love these conditions (it means there isn't a ton of snow), but to the runners...it is amazing.

Please admire these conditions...perfection...snow on the mountains, clear-ish roads....


Lucky for me, my fave running buddy was by my side.


And for the icing on the running cake... O ran with me too!  I can count on one hand the number of times he and I have run together, so this was a very special treat.
The hilly run we did took us right past Napolean's refuge...too cool...
 This is the summit...getting to it is not easy...a photo op is a must...

And here are the machines Nixons at the top.  These 2 are super human - 10 years older than us and 10x more fit...always.  Such inspiration.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...