Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy New Year!


I gotta be honest, I am glad this whole thing is behind me.  

Now I can actually focus on achieving something meaningful, my 2012 New Years Resolution.  I have put a lot of thought into this, and my resolution for 2012 is to under achieve.  In a peculiar way I'm off to a great start, because the year is 1/4 over and I am only now getting after it.
I am going to encourage my family to join me on this one.  WKF is eager to talk about letters and reading, and I may redirect him into building forts and playing hide and seek with me.  He can read when he is a teenager, but somehow I doubt he'll want to build a fort with me then. 
Just thinking about it gets me excited!  I am going to order pizza for dinner sometime soon.  Yesterday I bought pre-cut melon at the store.  I am going to throw my all-clad pots into the dishwasher instead of handwashing them, same goes for the good knives.  I will still run, but will not set another time goal again soon and will not run before the sun rises.  I may send thank you notes via email, maybe even text message. I may host a dinner party and not clean the house first.  Heck, lets make it a pot luck.  I think I'll pop in a movie for the kids to watch so I can take a nap.  I think I'll use babysitters more. I think I'll be late for some things. 

I challenge each of you to underachieve in your own ways.  What can you do to under achieve?  Isn't it fun to think about?
Image from here. 

3 comments:

Leah said...

Queen of Underachieving over here, this year! Yesterday I bought a HUGE thing of toilet paper at Costco in the hopes that I won't have to buy anymore anytime soon...even though it's not made from recycled fibers. I also bought a tray of non-organic apples that came in an obnoxious clamshell package that can't be recycled. Still getting accustomed to the whole 3 kid thing so we're letting lots of things slide and it feels good! Cheers to you, and Happy New Year! :)

z$ 's mama said...

My all clad has been in the dishwasher for years. If you need pointers or support in your quest just call...I will answer...maybe.

Mary said...

Oh my gosh I love this. Yes to all of it! I already underachieve pretty well in a lot of areas, but I'm sure I could do better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...