Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Do It

I love this Q&A from today's paper. I think I agree...but its pretty aggressive.

Here is my favorite part: "you believe you "don't have time" to exercise, which is the No. 1 excuse of people who don't exercise. This excuse makes little sense to me because it implies you lack control over your life and really means you aren't willing to make time"

I also liked this nugget: "The fact is, everyone has the time to exercise. The key question is, "Who has the discipline to make the time?" "

Yikes. Who wants to lack control over their life?! This guy is brutally honest...makes me wanna run just to show I am in control. Am I in control?

1 comment:

Mary said...

Yikes indeed. I never say that I don't have time, because I know it's an excuse, but I know I don't get enough exercise. How about "I'm too tired to exercise"? No, 'cause then I'd just hear about how exercising would give me more energy, right? Hm. What am I supposed to do? Get up at 4:30? Well, it may not be as much as I'd like, but for now my exercise is playing with my kids. That's easy enough to prioritize! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...