Thursday, June 5, 2008

Express Yourself

For me, painting (and color in general) is a great way to express myself. Part of painting is sharing your work...so here is a peep at some pictures in my "gallery".

I am optimistic that I will continue to make time for painting over the next few months years. Portland is a great place for an artist to live...there is inspiration everywhere...in portland people, gorgeous NW places and the vibrant local culture. I guess that makes for another reason to just love love love it here.

This is a painting I did in Boston...this was the first table O and I ever had, I painted it teal green and we ate dinner at it every night. From the table we could look out the bay windows and see the Prudential building. We could also watch (and hear) all of the hustle and bustle of Boston as we enjoyed our dinner. The table was tiny...as was the entire condo (we heart #232!).


This one is less meaningful, but I do love the colors and the lemons! I also LOVE this frame...thanks Birdie for getting me so many special frames...they are definitely a key part of each piece.

Geraniums...O's dad's favorite flower. We like them too!

I guess I really like painting geraniums. I like this piece a lot. For these two geranium paintings I was inspired by the composition and style of some other paintings that I found online, I'd post links to give credit where due, but I can't find them right now...that world wide web is a big place...

If you read this blog from time to time, you may know all about Bananas at our house...

Trees...who doesn't love trees? There are lots out here in the Pacific NW and I love to paint them.

Enjoy.

Don't forget to express yourself...however you do it...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great work! I especially LOVE LOVE LOVE the geraniums and red woods!

Anonymous said...

Great work! I especially LOVE LOVE LOVE the geraniums and red woods!
rg

Mary said...

You are so talented, and these are gorgeous paintings! Good for you for finding an outlet to express yourself and continuing to make it a priority. Beautiful!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful paintings Sara! I had no idea!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful paintings Sara! I had no idea...keep it up and keep us all posted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...