Sunday, July 18, 2010

Letterboxing

I have fond memories of hiking as a kid. We used to participate in a metro parks hiking spree each year, and after hiking a certain number of trails you got a badge to mount on your hiking stick. My parents still have our sticks, and they still do the spree each year (they have lotsobadges).

Letterboxing takes outdoor family fun in a different direction. I think that I would have thought letterboxing was pretty cool when I was younger (I think it sounds cool now too). Like most cool things, Portland seems to be a hotspot for it. I hope that when my kids are old enough this is still a thing...

Read this article from the O to learn about it, then check out this site to get started.
If you have kids that are old enough to enjoy this - please try it out and let me know how it is! Or perhaps you have already tried it?? Talk to me!

AB - I bet the twins would love to do this (maybe with their dad while you get a pedi?)! It looks like there are lots of them hidden in the parks near you!

Birdie and Bry - you two would be sooooo good at hiding boxes and making clues...you should do some...maybe at Stan Hywet or along the locks?

Nixon Vixens - there are lots in Park City too...

And Ms. Mayhem...I see lots in Iowa...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...