Thursday, April 9, 2009

C.W.Y.G. V

It's time to celebrate another "what you got" today.

Last week, after this post, I got so many emails and questions about the tent in the picture. Some people were genuinely curious about the tent, most were poking fun at me for having a tent because my inner circle knows how much I don't love camping.

Below is a photo from my first and last camping trip. My face tells you how much I loved it.


For as much as I love being outdoors, I agree it's kind of weird that I don't camp. And for the record, I am still optimistic that someday I'll learn to like camping.

Back to the tent.

So, for the 2 years leading up to the birth of WKF, I was doing a lot of international travel for work. Many of my trips were to France (this post has some pix). On one such trip, I heard about the "2 second tent". I heard it was really cool, had won some design awards, was French, was not available in the states, and was actually pretty hard to get - even in France. Bien sur, I needed to have one! Who cares that I don't camp, this thing is such a cute shade of green and it is a hot item...I needed it!

I was working in a small town in southern France. Several investigative phone calls told me that there was not a tent available within 200km. But, lucky moi, I had a weekend trip to Paris planned. So I did my research, found the nearest store with a tent, and hit it early. I snatched the last tent! Phew.

Well, the tent store was not close to my hotel...so I had to carry the tent on my back all day. (sidenote: a tent on your back is NOT a look included in this "What to Wear in Paris" post).

Look closely at this photo...see that green disc on my back...voila.

That day, so many people stopped me and offered to buy the tent from me (I'm telling you, this was a hot item!). I declined their generous offers...but fell more in love with that tent with each offer. I returned to the states with the fabulous tent, which I gave to O as a bday present that year.

I have no idea how hard it is to pitch a regular tent...but I must say, pitching the 2 second tent is easy as pie! You just toss it in the air, and it lands as a tent. See below. Wow, right?







Raising a little boy in the Pacific NW, I realize that I am going to have to give this camping thing another go someday (no rush). And when I do...I'll have a tres cool tent. In the mean time, let me know if you ever want to borrow it!

1 comment:

Ms. Mayhem said...

The tent IS great, but seriously pouting or not, NO ONE should look that good camping.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...