Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend a Portland Avec Mes Besties

I have been unplugged for a few days because 2 of my best girls from college flew in from Boston and Nantucket to spend a fab long weekend with the belly and me. We were busy. These girls had never been to PDX before, and it was so fun for me to share my Portland (my Portland friends, shops, restaurants, hiking trails, etc.) with these fab ladies. Lots of highlights, lots of memories.


One "special" treat...we hit Voodoo late night on Saturday. Voodoo (late on Saturday) is no place for a pregnant chick, so this will not be a regular thing...but it sure was fun! I am ashamed to say that I have lived here over 2 years and this was my first visit to Voodoo, it will not be my last.

For the non-pdx-ers who read this (most of you), Voodoo Doughnut is a one of a kind doughnut experience. Well, at least I think it is one of a kind...I don't know of any other Doughnut joint that is open 24hours a day, where you can get married, buy undies, buy baby clothes, take Swahili lessons, take the tex-ass challenge (not sure what that is), get a "Nyquil Glazed and Pepto Bismal" doughnut, order from the vegan menu, people watch, or just grab a doughnut (or six) with 2 of your best girls latenight. The place is tiny too...they sure pack a lot of quirky into a small space!



The founders, "Cat Daddy" and Tres, claim (in their motto) that "The Magic is in the Hole". I agree there is some magic at this place....I think it is a must do for anyone visiting this magical city.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...