Sunday, April 20, 2008

Boston Eve

At least this year I have a great excuse (BabyF) for why I didn't qualify for Boston. So, maybe this year as I watch I won't feel as bummed as I do every other year, wishing I was running.

They say that in distance running women peak in their mid to late 30s, so I am still very optimistic that my day will come. Plus, MamaK manages to improve her marathon time by 10+ minutes with each race, and she is over 60 - lets hope I have her good marathon genes!!!

We lived in Boston many years, and I often would walk to work. The finish line is always painted on Boylston, and stays year round. Much like my Boston motivation/ambition, it fades, but it is always there, and it will probably never go away. Every day as I walked to work I would scoot around it, never crossing the line...thinking...someday I will cross this line, someday I WILL CROSS THIS STUPID ANNOYING FANTASTIC LINE....I still believe...!!!!!!!!!!!

To my friends in Bean Town...get ready, because one of these years I'll be there....and I'll need you on Boylston (and on Heartbreak Hill)!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...