Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Date Night

I am taking my baby's daddy out for a night on the town ce soir. I have 2 tickets to a dance performance at the Schnitz. I love anything at the Schnitz....I just love walking in under the big old sign, esp at night when its all lit up.

We are going to see Urban Bush Women/ Campagnie Jant Bi - "An Extraordinary Collaboration between Seven Powerful Women from Brooklyn and Seven Dynamic Men from Senegal". Sounds cool to me.

The show is part of the White Bird dance series. Earlier this year I was lucky enough to meet the founders of White Bird, Paul King and Walter Jaffe (pictured below with Barney - their White Bird) after a speaking engagement that they did.

These two were really cool - a very inspiring duo...it is amazing what they have done with White Bird over the past 10 years. They are from NYC, but they are tres tres Portland...when I emailed them to thank them for speaking, they replied back immediately inviting me to be their guest at a show! Tonight is the night I picked - so excited it is finally here. I know it will be great!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...