Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Reading

I don't think I ever read a full book until I was over 20.  I always just wiggled my way through english class in highschool (something I should be embarrassed about, but oddly I'm proud of it). Then somehow I never had to take an english/literature class in college.

I love to read - I read magazines, blogs, coffee table picture books, bedtime stories...but when it comes to grown up books, I guess I go in waves.

Right now I am feeling it.  This wave actually started back in September.

Recently, I have plowed through these two biographies:

I am about 25% of the way through this, and loving it
Next up are these two - which were both recommended by friends:



4 comments:

Mary said...

I read a lot when I was young, but I always found it difficult to read books for school. It somehow took the joy out of it for me. Lots of cliffs notes got me through. I have spent time going back to those books I was supposed to read then, and it's way more fun to read when there isn't a test at the end.

Goldfinch is on my nightstand, too - up next after I finish my current read. It's gotten so much hype, though - I hope it lives up to the expectations!

Z$'s mama said...

I probably read a book a week. But nothing of the quality I would admit to in public, on a blog, or elsewhere.

C-CAP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thesmallviking said...

Just finished Rules of Civility, it was great! Also The Paris Wife - pretty similar in subject matter - heroine lives glamorous life of adventure :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...