Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Who Knew?

Who knew there was an authentic Bavarian village just 287 miles from here??  Much like this blogger, my days in Lux make me nostalgic for places that look like this.  I am thrilled to know about Leavenworth, WA and intend to weekend there someday soon. Thank you Sycamore Stirrings for this post!

Just like Germany...



...only with Chai Lattes.  Jawohl!

I'd love to get there before the holidays...but don't weekends fill up fast???  Ski season is just around the corner (yipee) so our trip to "Bavaria" will have to wait until at least spring. 

3 comments:

Mills (héron + hibou) said...

Your post reminded me of thisad campaign that the Leavenworth tourism office ran last year to liven up their image. It was slightly controversial for the locals, if I remember correctly. Hopefully, you'll get a kick out of it.

katy said...

Thanks for the link up! I hope you make it up here to check it out. The shoulder seasons are supposed to be the least crowded. I highly recommend The Sleeping Lady as a place to stay or at the very least EAT!

katy said...

That ad is hilarious because it is so different than the vibe in Leavenworth. Funny stuff - thanks for posting Mills. Forgot to leave you the Sleeping Lady link:

http://www.sleepinglady.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...