Friday, October 21, 2011

Quince Love

Today I am thinking of my girl KK.  Today (this weekend actually) she celebrates 15 years!  15 years ago she was fitted with a shiny pair of new (to her) lungs.  Yes, lungs.  We were in college and it was intense.  My life is better because she is in it.  I am better because I know her.  She has taught me so much. 

Most years, we are together to celebrate her big anniversary.  This year we are not (although we just had Jackson and we'll be together in Boston in April, phew). 

In my mind, she is rocking a quince frock like this one around the conservative Boston law firm where she works; this vision makes me smile. 

In reality, she is reflecting on how far she has come from 1996 to 2011.  This morning she shared this recent photo, noting how she never could have hiked a mountain back in '96.



 Take care of yourselves, be healthy and happy, and please sign your donor cards.

KK, you are beautiful inside and out.  Thank you for being.  xo


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...