Monday, December 7, 2009

Tree Talk and Christmas Decorations

There is lots of blog talk out there about alternative and green xmas tree options. Mimi had a great post on this topic last week. Here's a recent post on the topic from AT (re-nest).

O and I just finished a little tree project of our own. I think I love how it turned out! We need another strand of lights for the bottom...but I couldn't wait to take a picture of it.

We started with last year''s tree...which we saved all year, with this project in mind. Here is a photo of the tree from last year.


While we are thinking about last xmas, please take a moment to admire my sweet baby a year ago. Those eyes? I think he has grown into them a bit over the year...but they still amaze me.


Ok, back to tree talk. So we stored the old tree all year. We dried it out as best we could. We trimmed off some extra branches, we shook off the needles and plucked/burned off the needles that wouldn't shake off. Then we spray painted her bright red. (Doesn't everything look better in red??) From there, we treated her like a normal tree...we brought her in, added lights, ornaments and lots of love...et voila.

To be clear, when I say "we" in the paragraph above, I mean O. I wasn't very helpful...

Different? Yes. Charlie Brown-ish? Sorta. But I think I love her! She looks so happy and I love the bright red! Once all the lights are on, I'll try to get a better photo.

Side note, my hubby has been THE BEST through my crazy nesting urges. This project (much like WKFs new door), took him a lot longer to create than it took for me to determine we needed. But he whistled while he worked for both projects and exceeded my expectations. That O is the best.

Final thought for this looong post. We are keeping our xmas decor pretty basic...but I did deck out the chandelier with some jingle bells. So fun.

Fa la la la la. I hope the new bebe likes the decor...

1 comment:

Mary said...

Love the jingle bells on the chandelier! So fun! Happy Birthday Eve! (Right? I think it's tomorrow, but now I'm doubting myself. Hm. Well, have a happy day anyway!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...