Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sweet Innocent Ghost

Mona sent me a link to this article (merci) and ever since I have been so conscious of the walk that Anne Frank and her parents took when they left the family home (in the Rivierenbuurt) and walked to their secret hiding spot (in the Jordaan district).  Any path they would have taken from home to hideout would have cut right through my neighborhood, and likely passed close by my kids' school as well.  I am currently re-reading her diary.  That poor little girl is on my mind, an innocent victim.  I hate how her story ends.   This very city was so different only 65-70 years ago.  Crazy that this sweet girl walked and played on the same streets we do.   Perspective.



Beyond Anne, there are so many other good historical references in the article.  I would suggest it is a must read for anyone coming to visit.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...