Thursday, October 17, 2013

Dutch Resistance Museum

Only recently did I realize this museum existed.  I carved out time today to wonder through.  Wow.  I would push this to the top of the must see museum list for any visitor to Amsterdam.  The displays were so thoughtful and beautiful...the stories so real.

Today was opening day for the Junior Museum, within the museum, which beautifully tells the story of 4 people who experienced WWII as kids and lived to share their story.  The interactive displays and interior recreations were simply amazing.  You enter the Junior Museum through a time machine, and from there you wonder into the lives of these young people.










Here are recent photos of Henk, Nelly, Eva and Jan - the four kids featured in the Junior Museum.

Today was awesome, a good reminder for me that it always feels good to make time to be a tourist here.  It is so easy to get wrapped up in my day to day life, losing site of the rich history, culture, amazingness which is all right outside my door!  We are prepping for a flood of visitors, no doubt they'll each remind me to slow down and be a tourist!  

1 comment:

Mary said...

Very cool, and have fun with your steady stream of visitors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...