Friday, June 1, 2012

Party Planning

WKF has a birthday coming up!  It funny to think that for his first birthday, we had a theme (le Petit Prince), cute invites in the mail, a menu, new outfit, custom bubbles, custom party hats, custom stickers, etc. etc. etc. and that for his fourth I sent this checklist (dictated by WKF, written by me in brown crayon) as an email attachment 1.5 weeks before the "party".  We don't love him any less and this party won't be less fun...I am just sticking to my new years resolution and loving it.  Damn, it feels good.  If you are reading this post and feeling left out for some reason, so sorry.  You were either left out because you are a girl (no girls allowed, not even moms - his rule, not mine) or because I put very little thought into the invite list (its so easy to overthink it that I opted to under think it instead).  Its not too late to join the fun.  Let me know.  Dads and boys are welcome, especially if they like cake, cookies, ice cream, freeze tag, hide and seek, pin the tail, and the birthday song.

PS - O is working on WKF to make sure P and I can join the fun, its looking good for us, but no other girls are making the cut. 

2 comments:

Mary said...

You and I are definitely on the same wavelength when it comes to parties. Let the kids decide what they want, keep it simple, keep it relaxed, keep it fun.

So far Aaron is the only kid in his class to have a small at-home party - I get invitations almost every week for parties held at indoor bouncy-house type places, or gymnastics centers. Those are fun, and we've gone to a few, but I'm thankful that so far Aaron is satisfied with inviting some friends over to his house.

PS - hope you make the cut! ;-)

Melissa N said...

Too funny. We we planned Celia's 3rd or 4th Birthday, she made it loud and clear that there were NO DOGS allowed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...