Thursday, November 11, 2010

3 hours, 40 minutes

To qualify for Boston, a gal my age needs to be able to run a full marathon in 3 hours and 40 minutes.  It takes me more than one hand to count the number of times I have run a marathon, trying for that time.  It takes me less than one hand to count how many minutes I have missed it by...

So...3 hours and 40 minutes means a little something to me...

On Wednesday morning, I was flying solo at home with the babes.  Wednesday is a work day for me...and while I am at work, the babes go to school outside of town.  I needed to get up, get dressed, get the gorgeous babes up and dressed, feed everyone, pack up food for school, and battle traffic.  Then I needed to smoothly drop each off in their classes with all their gear, get back in the car, more traffic, and get myself to work.  To accomplish all of this, I had to set my alarm for a 5:15am wake up.  When I finally got to the office, it was 8:55am.  Exactly 3 hours and 40 minutes.  I felt like I had just done a marathon when I sat down at work...and then my day "started". 

Go me, bla bla bla.  The bigger point here is that I am so grateful to my helpful hubby because on a normal working day, he takes the kids to and from school (which is located at his work).  He also helps with the morning "get out the door" tasks, like dressing, feeding and packing up the stuff for these beautiful little people. 

PS - tomorrow is a working day and I get to do the same thing again in the morning.  My goal is to shave some minutes off of my time....stay tuned. 

I got the image above when I used google images to search "working mom" - funny. 



4 comments:

hvk said...

i'm thinking you're going to qualify tomorrow!

Mary said...

Hm. How long does it take me...let's see... I wake up at 5:30, shower/dress, pack lunches, get the boys up and dressed, breakfast, in the car, day care drop-off around 7:45-8, then my commute in to Boston, which puts me at work a little after 9 on a typical day. Some days are better than others of course. Wow. 3:40. Yep - that's about exactly right. I can't believe I do that every day and am not surprised I'm always tired.

Good luck tomorrow!

Birdie said...

I am SO OLD! Just reading this makes me tired. No qualifying for me! YIKES!!!

KK said...

I fell asleep from exhaustion just reading that post. This is one time I'm thankful I only have myself to get ready in the AM!
:-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...