Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Zippers Don't Lie

So, I am thinking about the upcoming wedding of 2 dear buds. And natch my mind goes to "what will I wear?".

My new job is fab, but it doesn't pay in dollars like my old job did. So I can't just go buy a new dress (ANTHRO!) like the old SKF would have done. So I decided to shop within my closet. How fiscally responsible of me, right?

I started trying some things on, including the bridesmaid dress* pictured here. and I had some "issues" with the zippers. I rallied O to help me, but even my big strong engineer could not resolve the "issues". Bless him for trying, and being so supportive...

Yikes. I am definitely not back to my old physique quite yet. Despite what your friends, family and hubby tell you....zippers are the most honest...they can't lie. And the zipper on this dress would not zip. I don't think it will zip in time for Mimi's fete, but someday I'll wear this dress again....

*I know I blogged previously about uncluttering and getting rid of bridesmaid dresses. This one was the exception. It is a great dress that I intend(ed) to wear again.

Side note, digging up this picture was fun, because I got to look at all the pix from the amazingly fab wedding which I wore it to! Happy belated anniversary to this beautiful couple!

I will never forget what a fun weekend your wedding was!

1 comment:

Ms. Mayhem said...

You're physic may not be the same ever again, I noticed though my weight is back to pre-baby, the weight is distributed differently. Sigh.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...