Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Remodel - Phase I

I am finally motivating to post some remodel pix. It seems weird to start with the most recent phase of remodel, since it is actually the third phase and I never posted from phases I or II. So...I'll start with phase I, then I'll get to II and III in the next few days.

Phase I was the guest room.

The house itself was built in 1892, but in the 70's the past owner added a separate dwelling which he used as his art studio. He was an artist and a prof of art at Portland State. The artist in me wanted to keep the studio as a studio, but the engineer in me (the practical side) really wanted to make the space into something more useful - like a guest suite. Here is a before shot from the outside.


To make the studio into a suite, we had a lot of work to do. So, we called in the pros.

We (they) gutted the whole place...


then framed it...to make a bathroom (it used to just be one big space, no walls).

We had to add in plumbing and sewer...which was a big project.

We needed a ditch witch



Once plumbing was in and sewer was connected, we were ready to build the bathroom. Below are some before and after pix of the bathroom.




Our contractor was extraordinary...the best. He put in a lot of hard work, and so much love.


After a few weeks of hard work, the guest house was open for business.

The maid service is handsome and hardworking...

We have since had many visitors. Below is a shot of some of the regulars...enjoying their seats on the back deck at the guest house.



Come visit, if you hit it right you will enjoy an amazing Portland sunrise from the bed of the guest house...



1 comment:

Shawna said...

I came here from Apartment Therapy. What a lovely room! I like the comforter choice, too. Thanks for linking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...