Sunday, May 18, 2008

I Heart Lilac Season

Who doesn't love lilacs?

They make me think of college graduation...was that really 8 years ago?

O went out all night that night, partying like a rockstar. I remember being a little bummed that I didn't see him much that evening. At about 5 or 6am he decided to come home. On his way home to his apt (where he probably passed out for the day) he did 2 things.

1. He picked every single lilac he saw between the bars and my apt in Burlington (ALOT)
2. He stopped by my apartment to wake me up with a HUGE bouquet of fresh picked lilacs




I can only imagine how bummed the residents and homeowners were that were on his path that night. While I awoke to an amazing bouquet of lilacs, they awoke to bare lilac trees.

I do feel badly for them, but it was worth it...a drunk college grad with arms full of stolen lilacs....love him!

Now we are all grown up (ha) and we have our own lilac tree. I just picked a few and put them in the house. Every year, the sweet smell takes me back to sweet Burlington graduation weekend.

UPDATE: that was my 100th post! I realized it after I posted it. I am glad it was about O.

1 comment:

Mary said...

What a sweet memory inspired by sweet lilacs. You're a lucky girl! Love from Boston!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...