Tuesday, February 12, 2008

We all get 24


Doesn't it seem that everyone you know is "crazy busy" these days? There are 24 hours in everyone's day. I dislike when people say "I don't have time" for this or that. The more honest way to say it would be "I am not choosing to make time" for this or that.


To me it is less about how you say it and more about how you view it for yourself. I try not to get discouraged if I feel like I can't fit something in, I try to evaluate how important it is to me and make changes if I need to, so that I don't have to miss the important things. I also find it feels great to be honest with people by saying, "I can't make time for that this week". Phrasing it that way lets them know that you are not going to do it, and that it was your choice not to do it because you control your schedule.


Now this goes to another level of pet peeve when people comment about others by saying things like "she has a lot of time on her hands"....if for instance they knit a sweater, or make a cake, or handcraft a thoughtful card, or spend many hours volunteering, or skiing all weekend, or training for a marathon.... See above - everyone has the same amount of time each day! Some people are thoughtful and organized enough to choose to spend their time doing kind things for others or pursuing their passions. Good for them - it seems to me those are the people that have things figured out.


I am choosing to spend the next several hours of this day by doing work, so I need to end this posting. I hope that you spend your 24 in a way that you choose today and everyday!

4 comments:

Mama Boo said...

right on sister, I am taking time to read your great blog and to bond with an old time friend..you mama!

Anonymous said...

You are so right! I find myself saying that a lot these days, complaining that there just isn´t enough time in the days. I need to remind myself to focus on what´s important to me - and that definitely includes friends like you! Thanks for being an inspiration.

John Gorman said...

Our last Pope once said that all of our time is free time. In other words, life is a gift, so don't complain about not having enough time to do important things.

John Gorman said...

Our last Pope once said that all of our time is free time. In other words, life is a gift, so don't complain about how you don't have time to do things that are important.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...