Monday, October 19, 2015

Run With Me - San Francisco!!!

 The Nike Women's Half Marathon has long been on my to do list. I was thrilled to secure a coveted spot this year. All the hype is justified. The race was dope. Every detail. Including the weather this year - which is never a sure thing for a 6:30 am start time in late October in San Francisco.


This is me, hoping my best hope that my race strategy works out...
We had breakfast and laughs with these two, pre race...then we all cruised into the VIP corral together...so fun. 
Obviously a selfie was needed, mid race, when the view is that good...
The best sign of the day. I had to snap a photo.
I ran into DJ at the finish, a favorite running buddy of my favorite running buddy (SN)...
I had front row seats at the awards ceremony...where Joan Benoit Samuelson (more on her later!)  joined the top 3 for a photo. 
Speaking of top 3...the top 2, who are good friends, tied for first...how adorable, strong, cute, YOUNG do they look?! 

The famous blue box, made only more famous by this race...handed to each finisher...because: so much better than a medal.
The window display at the Nike store sure knows how to make a girl feel special. The SF was for me, right?
et voila, there I am...

In the end my time was more than 10 minutes off from a "good day"...which only proves there are lots of different ways to measure a good day, because yesterday was a very good day!

You know how this is a women's race? Well...


So fun to run with my man! O was 100% unprepared, untrained, and came to SF with no intention to run....but nobody says no to a bib for this race...and so when SL hooked him up (the day of the race), "YES!" was the only acceptable answer! You gotta say yes to this course on this day...and so he did...in his board shorts and terrible socks. He had never run that far before, but made it look like NBD. Does this make me love him more or hate him?!

How amazing is this picture? Hey #763...RESPECT. You are making it look really easy...while I am fighting for each step...

A few more pro shots...

Elbows out...that's how I do it. I have tried to correct this...but now I just embrace it.


Saving the best for last...lets talk more about Joanie!

I met her and it was the coolest. I have always wanted to meet her...and so I did. Amazing. Hello gold medal legend..how are you this morning??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this post! Love you! Felt like I was right there with you. Or, at least waiting at finish line. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...