Saturday, November 24, 2012

Marco!



Today is a big day for college football.  It is fun to watch, but in between games we are also making time to follow ski racing.  In case you missed it, Tahoe's own Marco Sullivan had a huge day.  This recap will make you smile, even if you don't know him.  If you do know him, perhaps you popped on your Marco Rocks hat (from Whistler 2010). 
Some quotes from Marco about today (from here), giving us goose bumps...

***********

It's set in immediately. It was a little bit emotional at the finish. Just to have that happen after a few down years and to start out the year like this, is beyond my expectations.

I wouldn't still be racing if I didn't think I could still compete. This year, my place on the team was a little bit in jeopardy. I lost a lot of sponsors. I worked really hard this summer and for it to show on the first race of the year was special.

My goal was top 10 and to exceed that was awesome.
***********

I love that he is still at it because he believes in himself.  Others may have been doubting him, but he believes.  I hope his season continues to be this good!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...