Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Funny Confession #145

A friend of ours is travelling the world right now.  Currently she is in Turkey and she recently posted this picture of Nike, the Goddess of Victory.  This got me thinking about my final prep for Boston. 

Funny Confession: Seeing The Goddess of Victory made me think about my race. Eye roll.  Bear with me for 39 more days.  Its coming fast.

A large part of my Boston prep involves figuring out just what this goddess of victory I will wear on race day.  There are practical considerations, for example I'll need layering options for various weather conditions and I'll need to wash and test (e.g., wear them for a long run) key elements (top, bottom, socks, shoes, sportsbra) of my getup before race day to ensure they don't rub weird or cause any irritation.  There are style considerations for example what colors, does everything match, is it too matchy, will it make me feel fast, does it look fabulous.  Lucky for me I know a guy that works at Nike so I am confident I will get it all sorted out. 

If you recall, for my qualifying race I dressed boring in power black.  I don't know what I'll be rocking, but I do know that its time to get it all figured out and I assure you it won't be all black or boring.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Looking forward to seeing what you choose! Wow only a month left!

Jen Sharp Gorman said...

cannot wait to see the FULL getup! love u! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...