Tuesday, December 17, 2013

In The City of Bikes

I mentioned this book (In the City of Bikes) a few months ago, in this post.  It was such an enjoyable read for me, probably because it is so relevant to me in my current life.  If you live in Amsterdam, or are interested in bike life, you gotta read it.  If not, the book may not be for you.

In either case, take a few minutes to watch this video to see for yourself the beautiful chaos that is the Amsterdam bike scene.  If you want to learn about bike culture/history in Amsterdam, turn the volume on.  If not, just watch the footage to get the idea.

I've been a happy part of this scene every day for the past 10 months and it still blows my mind (in mostly good ways) every single time I hop on my bike.



Bicycle Anecdotes from Amsterdam from Streetfilms on Vimeo.

If you watched the above clip and want to see more, check this short one one.  Or, if you can't make time for the above film, jump to this one...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...