Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Funny Confession #175

Watching a marathon is way harder than I imagined.  I knew it would be hard.  But wow, its really hard. 

Prior to Chicago this past weekend, I had never watched one before.  Trying to coordinate when to be where,  keep an eye on small children, keep everyone warm, take potty breaks, keep everyone fed, hit multiple points around the route, take photos, and locate your runner in the crowd in the split second that she whizzes by...there is a lot to do.  Spectating takes mad skills. 

That said, I am pretty sure this is the only photo any of us captured of my sis in action.  I really hope the marathon photographer caught some good ones for us and for her. 

If you are thinking of cheering on a friend in a future marathon, it may just be easier to train yourself and run it with him/her.  I'm serious. 

To be clear - I'm not complaining at all - it was awesome.  Really awesome. 

My sis made the marathon thing look super easy (just like she does with everything else - working, momming x 3, being hilarious...).  She wasn't sore or tired that afternoon or the next day.  No.Big.Deal, just cranked out 26.2 and got on with it...meanwhile I'm still recovering from spectating and beating myself up for not getting any photos.  I need a freaking massage over here...

While getting my confessions out, I need to let you know that I may have written my phone number all over my kids bodies in ball point pen before stepping out into the chaos of marathon Sunday in Chicago. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...