Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Putting It Out There

For the past 11 years, I have tried and tried to qualify for the Boston Marathon.  I have come painfully close on a few occasions, but in the end I have always fallen short (on one occasion by just a few seconds - ouch ouch). 

On Oct 9 I will give it another try...I'll be running the PDX marathon.  Training is going well and I really feel like this will be my year.  My babies and age maturity have made me physically and mentally stronger than ever before.

 I am sharing all of this because it is important to put yourself out there from time to time.  So here I am...out there....

Think of me on 10/9. 

8 comments:

thesmallviking said...

for real, i'll run the willamette bluff with you :) 2 miles is more in my ability level.

jlc said...

You go girl! It's your year! We'll be cheering for you from afar.

Jen Sharp Gorman said...

it is totally your year. go get 'em sweet mama!!!! xoxo

Mary said...

You're amazing. I am sure this will be the year for you - your babies have only made you stronger for sure. I'll be rooting for you all the way, especially knowing you'd then have to make a trip to Boston!

Birdie said...

OCTOBER 9!!!! Wish we could be there to cheer, but we will definitely be cheering from here!!! XOXOXOX

Amy Beth Kloner said...

Atta girl!! I will be racing the same day-- we will send good vibes back and forth, ok?! I hope the last month of your training is going well.

Dinah xx said...

Do you think people will play our 'spotter' game and pick you out the day before...? I play it every year in Edinburgh and think of you - 30,000 runners in town so easy pickings... or ARE they....?

Dede said...

Good luck Sara. You can do it!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...