Sunday, April 3, 2011

Night Lights

We are in the market for a fab new light for our bedroom.  This has been on the "to do" list for years...but I am really getting the itch to cross it off of the to do list. 

AT is always such a good source for inspiration...here are some looks they have featured recently that I am digging.  I realize the yellow headboard room doesn't even have a light...but I dig the colors and textiles and the headboard in that room so I have included it here for kicks.  

 Above photo is from here



The 3 photos above are all from here (our bed also sits in front of a window btw)

 Above photo is from here
Above photo is from here

Above is a photo of our room (taken back in the bassinet days...) without a light.  Thoughts?  While you are giving advice, do you think we could rock a fun headboard, or is it too much in front of the window/curtain situation?  Talk to me...all of you...

4 comments:

amy said...

You can definitely rock a headboard in front of a window. I saw Nate Berkus do a makeover on a small room with a bed in front of the window and a ginormous headboard (sorry, can't find the link at the moment). It was spectacular. Go for it.

Good luck with the light fixture. Vintage chandelier, modern globe, so many possibilities!

Heat said...

What about curtains that just have some wild, awesome print. Lighting really makes a room. I would love a cool chandelier myself!

Mary said...

I can't wait to see what you choose! I love that yellow headboard room too, and it actually has the same feel as your room. You can definitely go for a headboard.

Anonymous said...

I like Heat's idea about the curtains and a simple modern globe of a light fixture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...